Tuesday, February 15, 2005

google maps

I finally came around to making a comment. IMO the feature and its association with local search is kickass and will earn google quite a few bucks. They are earning a lot of mindshare by staying on the bleeding edge with top-notch GUI (for the web).
In the recent google-map frenzy I found a couple of worthwhile links:
- a nice reverse-engineering of the map tech
- if you ever read Paul Graham (highly recommended, a lot of smart stuff and even more hubris), especially his LISP-related articles, you will laugh your ass of at this parody.

1 Comments:

At February 16, 2005 at 7:58 AM, Anonymous Erb said...

I really dig the interface. It works so much nicer than anything I've seen out there. I compare it to PC mapping software, where you can really follow along a route by dragging. And the graphics look nice too. As I commented before, I think Google is going to be the next Microsoft.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home